Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Realtime Rates - USPS First Class not an option?

lambrite is offline Senior Member

Default Realtime Rates - USPS First Class not an option?

Is First Class mail through USPS not supported? The USPS API will provide rates for First Class, but these are ignored in ASPDNSF.

We have realtime rates enabled and are displaying other USPS services; how can I configure to allow also First Class?

Thanks,
    Sarah

jerm324 is offline Senior Member

I believe that first class international is enabled by default. I know first class domestic has a weight limit of 13 ounces, so I wouldn't be surprised if support for it was left out. There is a USPS Appconfig on which services to enable. You can try adding first class to that even though it's not a supported option.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

If you set RTShipping.USPS.Services to 'ALL', 1st class rates will be returned.

lambrite is offline Senior Member

Unfortunately setting USPS to ALL is not an option as there are some services we are restricted from using (government entity). Adding just "First Class" does not return the rate. Is there any other option, besides opening up the code and making more modifications?

Thank you both for responding.