Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Changing the name of a page / menu button?

trufflepig is offline Junior Member

Default Changing the name of a page / menu button?

Hi, I have just inherited an ASPDotNotStorefront site and the owner has asked me to sort a few things out.

On thing is that one of the buttons on the nav menu (just a standard nav menu going across the page) needs to have its visible name changed. If the page URL itself can be changed, even better.

However when i log into the backend I see absolutely no way of editing pages or the nav menu in this way- how can this be done?

I'm completely new to this system so please bear with me.

Thanks

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

You could probably change it via string resource (Contents -> String Resource Mgr). Can you tell us specifically what nav menu you're referring so we can help further?

In the admin backend I don't see a Contents menu unfortunately- I just have
    Home Manufacturers Categories Products Affiliates Misc Orders Taxes Delivery Customers Mailing Manager

The nav menu I mean is one that appears on each of the pages and is a standard left-to-right menu linking to various site pages. Not product or catgeory pages but just standard "corporate" pages e.g About Us, Contact Us.

data77 is offline Member

You can modify that by adding the menu items in Xmlpakages/page.menu.config

Thanks, is that the only file that needs to be changed?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That really depends on the menu to be honest. Skinning is flexible enough that without seeing the site (and possibly the template code), we have no way of telling you offhand exactly what you need to edit. If it's the default, built-in horizontal menu that shipped in older versions like you're using, then that XML package may be all you need. You might also need to look at {root}/skins/Skin_#/menuData.xml. If it's something custom that was done for that skin, you may end up needing to talk to the original skin designer.