Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Custom Customer Search

joia is offline Junior Member

Default Custom Customer Search

Please forgive me if this is a simple thing to do, I am brand new to aspdotnetstorefront.

In the admin webapp, when clicking on the "Add/Edit Customers" link it takes a very long time to load because it loads all the customers in the system. This is a bit counterproductive in my case, because 99.9% of the time when we click this link we just want to search directly for the customer desired.

I was hoping to just cut out the piece of code that loads the customers and use the search function. Well it turns out the search function goes through the customers that have been loaded, so cutting out this piece of code doesn't fix my problem.

I spent a good portion of the day just trying to find out a way to query the database directly instead of the customers that get preloaded. Can anybody please point me in the right direction to do this? Please be specific if you can.

Thanks

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

If you have source, you can check out GridCustomer.GetCustomers() method or add a logic that checks whether a user has entered something from the search box, if not, do not load any customer.

webopius is offline Senior Member

In v9, we also found the add/edit Customer page slow to load.

What we do is use the Phone Order entry screen to search for Customer Details - it's much quicker and you can make simple edits here also.

Orders -> Phone Order Entry.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by webopius View Post

What we do is use the Phone Order entry screen to search for Customer Details - it's much quicker and you can make simple edits here also.

Adam
    This is a good idea. All that this feature is missing is when you click on the view customer, it is missing the "Notes" field under the "Customer Level" which is what we need quick access too. I can't figure out where I can edit this page at.

Can anybody point me in the right direction how to add/remove fields from this page? Does it have anything to do with the String Resource Manager? Sorry, this is my second day on the job and navigating this is unlike any other web programming I have done.

Quote Originally Posted by webopius View Post

Adam
    Disregard my last message, I figured it out. Thanks guys.