Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Company and Nick Name Removal

netprocity is offline Member

Default Company and Nick Name Removal

Hi,

AspDotNetStorefront ML 9.0.1.3/9.0.1.2

How do I remove the "nick name" and "company" items that are in the create new account process? These are not necessary and clutter the page unnecessarily in our case. Is there some sort of appconfig to enable or disable these?

Thanks
    James

jjdunkel is offline Member

On the createaccount.aspx page (and anywhere else the address is shown) you'll find a aspdnsf:AddressControl for both billing and shipping addresses. To remove the NickName just add ShowNickName="false" into the control and to remove the company add ShowCompany="false".

dvdbglw is offline Member

How do I change the order in which the fields appear so Company shows above Nickname?

ML 9.0.1.3/9.0.1.2

hunter0781 is offline Member

Thumbs up

This mod requires the source code.

Open ASPDNSFControlas/AddressControl.cs and find the function CreateChildControls. Reorder the controls to the way you want them to display and recompile.

dvdbglw is offline Member

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention I don't have the source code. It looks like we will have to live with the layout unless we find a nice JQuery way of rearranging it.

ebijs is offline Junior Member

Hi

I tried to set ShowNickName="false" on the checkout1.aspx.
    This will run into a 'Unable to Process Request' error.

Any ideas why it's not working on the checkout1.aspx ?

Ebijs.

AspDotNetStorefront Multistore 9.2.0.0