Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Delete Categories

netprocity is offline Member

Default Delete Categories

Hi,

AspDotNetStorefront ML 9.0.1.3/9.0.1.2

I have two problems with the "delete category" functionality.

1. When you delete a category using the "x" icon, it then turns to a different color and the category is deleted. However it still shows up in the front end website until you click to "unpublish" it. My question is what is the point of the "delete" if it doesn't actually delete or unpublish the category?

2. Our store is becoming much more complicated than it needs to be because we have so many categories that are deleted, but still showing up in the category list in admin. We need to "nuke" these categories. Is there some reason there is no "nuke" functionality or am I missing it somewhere? I know we can go into the database and manually get rid of them, but why not do this in the administration to make it simpler for the administrator?

Thanks for any help and guidance.
    James

jjdunkel is offline Member

In the admin section: Configuration > Maintenance > Monthly Maintenance

You'll find a check box option to "Purge all records that are marked as Deleted", that should take care of what you need.

netprocity is offline Member

Perfect, thanks!

caraj is offline Member

Is there a way to restore the deleted category?
    I just deleted a category that I did not want to delete.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Possible via sql update query. i.e. update product set deleted=0 where productid={productid}

Make a full backup of the DB first.

caraj is offline Member

OK thanks we got the category back