Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: APO Addresses Are "Invalid"

adamwhitley is offline Junior Member

Default APO Addresses Are "Invalid"

ASPDNSF v7.0.2.5

When a customer enters an APO address it throws this error:

"You have selected an invalid state/province and country shipping address combination, or no shipping methods were found for your shipping destination. Please contact us for assistance!"

I'm trying to find documentation on APO problems, but can't find anything. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks!

akeller is offline Member

Are you using "Real Time Shipping Rates" ? I assume you are using UPS as that carrier does not offer service to APO and FPO addresses.

We currently have version 8 live on our site and are going to be launching version 9 shortly and had to implement our own modifications on both sites to allow for real time shipping rates to APO/FPO addresses through UPS.

Basically to set this up you will have to alter the real time shipping rates UPSGetRates() function in the RTShipping class to format the xml to something that UPS will accept. I researched where these packages actually get routed to and I found the following;

AA(Armed Forces America's) gets routed to New York NY, 10110
    AE(Armed Forces Europe) gets routed to Miami FL, 33130
    AP(Armed Forces Pacific) gets routed to San Franciso, CA 94130

So in that RTShipping class just check the shipment's city and state for an APO/FPO address and alter the xml sent to UPS to the addresses stated above.

I hope that helps get you on the right track. It is what we have done and it has worked great for getting the rates at least.

adamwhitley is offline Junior Member

Thanks, but we're using USPS.