Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Advice on domain forwarding?

newtothis is offline Senior Member

Default Advice on domain forwarding?

Hello,

I have purchased a domain name ABC.com which I have set up to be automatically forwarded to DEF.com if anyone clicks on it.

My question is, does anyone know of a way I can do some search engine optimisation so that my new domain name ABC.com can be used to help drive traffic onto my site? The new domain name has key words of the products I sell on DEF.com.

Hope it makes sense, and hope someone can give me some pointers

webopius is offline Senior Member

Split the domains into two independent sites.

Promote DEF.com on the ABC.com site with keyword rich links into DEF.com.
    A blog on ABC.com is an ideal way to do this. Use a service such as Ping-o-Matic to tell external sites about your content.

If DEF.com is large enough to have multiple departments, you could create another site GHI.com specifically for a single department's content, again pointing deep into DEF.com

Create great content on all the sites regularly.

Work hard and wait!

newtothis is offline Senior Member

I wouldnt mind having a "replica" kind of store for ABC.com but I wouldnt want to remove the products from DEF.com because its been around for a while and does ok on the search engines etc.

What would be the best way to only show a select number of product ranges on ABC.com, but somehow have it linked back to DEF.com if an order comes through?

Is that even possible?

webopius is offline Senior Member

Sorry if I wasn't clear... don't change DEF.com, leave it untouched.

Just create new a new site (ABC.com) that has relevant content (articles, products, discussion etc) and link it to DEF.com

You could even extract product feeds from the DEF.com store and show them on ABC.com, either through RSS or using a more complex API.