Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: PayPal Order Creation Stopped Working

Tom Cox is offline Senior Member

Default PayPal Order Creation Stopped Working

We’ve been running our sites with PayPal.UseInstantNotification=false and relying on customers returning to our site to have aspdnsf create the order. This has worked well for several years up until a few weeks ago when it stopped working.

We now get the Error: Invalid Customer ID or Invalid Order Number and the order is not created in our site.

I tried setting PayPal.UseInstantNotification=true and the order is created but the customer still gets the error. I see in the forums that I can reroute customers to a default page but I would really like to have it work the way we originally had it working because customers get the order number verification.

In reading, it seems that when the customer returns to our site the order should be created. Does anyone know why this might stop working? This was working properly on a dozen sites and they all stopped working at the same time. Could it be a Microsoft update or something caused this to break?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Tom

bbredstang is offline Junior Member

I am getting this same error message when trying to do PayPal payments on our site.

The order processes successfully with PayPal but it never gets created in StoreFront after the error. Were you able to resolve this?

kall_me_karl is offline Junior Member

Default Re: PayPal Order Creation Stopped Working

We are experiencing the exact same problem. It's been happening the past few days.

Have you been able to find a solution?

Karl

Tom Cox is offline Senior Member

We have not found a reason for this problem yet. I can see that the product is still in the shopping cart. I suspect that either we aren't getting a proper response from PayPal or we aren't interpreting it correctly. I'll need to do some debugging if no one here has any ideas.