Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Google Feeds

jgeno is offline Member

Default Google Feeds

Is there a way to stop the system from creating multiple files when generating the Google feeds? We have 90000 products and I have a specific feed for each batch (1-20000,20000-40000, etc.). But, when I execute the feed, it creates multiple files.

Example system created files
    googlebase1_20000.txt
    googlebase1_40000.txt
    and so on...

I only want one file "googlebase_.txt" to be created.

Thanks,
    Jason

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Googlebase Feed paging function was added since v8.x to avoid timing out error that is usually throw on customer sites with more than 20k products while generating the feed in the admin ANR/OR uploading them in Google Webmaster tools. The solution was to create a feed which only contains 20k products, the rest will be created on a different feed name which also contains only 20k products. It will create succeeding feeds until all products are accounted for. There is no way to turn that off at the moment, no.

bounce10 is offline Junior Member

Default Google Feeds

I don't mind the paging function that creates multiple files if the feed is >20,000 products. However, I simply need a consistent filename if <20,000 products.

For example:
    Current - googlefeed1_1388.xml
    Desired - googlefeed.xml

I've been told there is a fix that exists. Would anyone be willing to share? I'm on 8.0.1.2. Thanks...

jgeno is offline Member

I limited the feed to under 20K, but it still creates paging files. Each file has the same set of products. It looks like the process is looking at the entire site's product count, not only the number within the current feed.

Jason