Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Fedex Shipping

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

Default Fedex Shipping

I was on the phone with an issue with fedex rates and was told that the way that aspdnsf requests rates will be no longer available coming up in 2010. They suggested moving to web services and I was just wondering if this was on the radar. Thanks.

ajcrowe is offline Junior Member

I just had a similar phone call with FedEx. Found more info about the retirement here:
    http://fedex.com/us/developer/product/migration.html
    Where it says this:
    On May 31, 2012, FedEx will retire our legacy FedEx Ship Manager API and FedEx Ship Manager Direct backend systems. Customers that have not transitioned to FedEx Web Services or another FedEx electronic shipping solution by this date will not be able to submit FedEx Ship Manager API or FedEx Ship Manager Direct transactions through the FedEx systems.

So it sounds like we have some time. But I too want to know what ASPDNSF's plan here is.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

We are committed to staying current with our integrations with partners like FedEx and others. Nothing needs to change in your current site configuration at this time. As always, we intend to make use of the most up to date integrations that FedEx and others provide. We will notify all of our customers as soon as there is an update for this available.

There's no date set yet, but it's coming. In the meantime, there's plenty of time.