Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: What does <Mappings AutoCleanup="boolean"> do?

Tom Cox is offline Senior Member

Default What does <Mappings AutoCleanup="boolean"> do?

I haven't been able to get the Mapping operative to work for me but I discovered that I can do the same thing with a Product Action=Update operative and specifying the Mapping tag.

I've successfully mapped a thousand products in the past week this way.

Now I'd like to remove some mappings for some old products. I'm wondering what the AutoCleanup="boolean" option does? I set it to false for my updates. Can I set it to true to "unmap?" Or can I use Product Action=Delete and then specify the mappings I want to delete?

Is there a best way to use WSI to delete unwanted mappings?

Thanks,
    Tom

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

For example, given you have product '1204' and it is currently mapped to these categories {139, 140, 142, 143}. If you send the following XML command below via web service:

<AspDotNetStorefrontImport Verbose="true">
    <Product Action="Update" ID="1204">
    <Mappings AutoCleanup="true">
    <Entity EntityType="Category" ID="142"/>
    <Entity EntityType="Category" ID="143"/>
    </Mappings>
    </Product>
    </AspDotNetStorefrontImport>

Since AutoCleanUp="true", the rest of the Category IDs that were not specified in the request will be cleaned up.