Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

dsi2 is offline Junior Member

Talking SOLUTION - Index was outside the bounds of the array.

I'm posting this as a help to anyone who might run into this issue:

I was getting the following error whenever a client has an order totaling more than 150LBS. I'm using Fed Ex realtime shipping. I was told by ASPDNSF support that if I upgraded from 7025 to 8012 this issue would be fixed....(upgrade doesn't fix it)

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Source Error:

Line 407: Dim frmsplit As String() = ShippingMethodIDFormField.Split("|"c)
    Line 408: ShippingMethodID = Localization.ParseUSInt(frmsplit(0))
    Line 409: ShippingMethod = String.Format("{0}|{1}|{2}", frmsplit(1), frmsplit(2), frmsplit(3))
    Line 410: End If
    Line 411: End If

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AspDotNetStoreFront\Web\checkou tshipping.aspx.vb Line: 409

This problem was caused by having too many characters in my callforshipping app config. Apparently, there is a character limit in this field, however, it's not noted anywhere and the gui will allow you to type as much as you want without an error when clicking update. I learned this all the hard way ona production site. I hope it helps someone.
    Last edited by dsi2; 10-21-2010 at 03:05 AM. Reason: spell check

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

I haven't thought, string length is the problem, I'm not aware there was some kind of limitation there. But if that's the case, will publish this into our KB also once we've confirmed this locally. Thanks for sharing this.

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

As a side comment I'm very glad to see that a post about a bug isn't being deleted as I know several of my bug report posts have been. This serves as a good repository for those that are trying to help themselves with their problems in stead of knee-jerk contacting support for everything.
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM