Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Customer Auto Logout

Noregon Bob is offline Junior Member

Default Customer Auto Logout

I would like to be able to log out my customers similar to how the admin site works. If the customer has been idle for a certain amount of time, I want to force the customer to log in again. This is mainly because we have some info that only certain customers levels should see. I would appreciate any tips on making this work.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Go to your web.config and change the timeout value to your liking.

Code:
     <forms name="ASPDNSFGUID" loginUrl="SignIn.aspx" timeout="525600" />

Noregon Bob is offline Junior Member

Default Customer auto Logout

Thanks for the reply. That was one of the first things I tried. It didn't seem to have any effect whatsoever. I made a change to the Skinbase.cs file to check the customer session last activity and redirect the page to the signout.aspx, but the solution is rather klunky. I would like to be able to direct the user to the signin page after that, but I am having trouble making that part work. I appreciate you folks taking the time to moderate these forums.