Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Bulk Update Pricing Bug - Prices Rounded to Whole Number

suedeapple is offline Member

Default Bulk Update Pricing Bug - Prices Rounded to Whole Number

I used the "Bulk Update Pricing" feature within ML9.

To my horror when I clicked to update all the prices, they were all rounded to the nearest whole number! - All 3,000 products!

I contacted support and they said this is a known issue, and sent me a fix (an update to the update price stored procedure)

Would have thought this is a highly dangerous bug in ML 9, and would need urgently fixing for everyone.

Luckily, I had a very recent backup of the DB, so could roll back the prices, but others might not be so fortunate.

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

the unfortunate part is I found this bug months and months ago, they sent me the fix back then. I agree, bugs like this are CRITICAL to the operation of the store and should be made available.

suedeapple is offline Member

Posted on the forum so it would get indexed by Google, as I was searching around to see if anyone had a fix.

We definately need some kind of proper bug reporting system.

CHigdon is offline Junior Member

Default Interim Bug List Available

As of today October 25th, an interim bug list is available.

We have compromised on this, because we plan to launch a service pack within a few weeks of today and all of our effort continues to be invested in making that as significant an improvement as we can, while at the same time hurrying it out before the silly season strikes. Still, if you are looking for a record of bugs and/or fixes, then we hope it will at least be a good step forwards.

The bug list is available as a free subscription through AspDotNetStorefront. To get access, add the following product to your cart and checkout free of charge: http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com/p...wn-issues.aspx

After checking out with the free subscription, you can access the bug list here: https://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com/t-knownissues.aspx

cengen is offline Member

Thumbs up Thank you very much

This will be of great use to me and I suspect others.

Thank you!!

soppie is offline Junior Member

Default what was the fix

Quote Originally Posted by ssgumby View Post
    the unfortunate part is I found this bug months and months ago, they sent me the fix back then. I agree, bugs like this are CRITICAL to the operation of the store and should be made available.
    Can you post the bug fix? I've hidden the admin bulkupdate page, but now I want to use it again knowing there's a solution. I'm also going to test ML9 SP1. I searched for differences in my current SP and the one in the SP1 version, but I don't see a difference.

Thx!

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

The "9.0.1.3 Admin Service Pack" is a separate release, which will be out very very soon. The fix for this particular issue is located in {root}/admin/controls/BulkEditVariant.ascx and aspdnsf_updGridProductVariant stored proc which are part of the admin pack, so it was not included in the recent SP1 release, unfortunately.