Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Site is restarting

Tek7 is offline Senior Member

Default Site is restarting

Version ML 7.0.2.5/7.0.2.5

For some reason the site has been restarting and it gets hung up. When I look in the appstart.log it stops on CC Check OK. The only way I can get the site back up is by recycling the app pool. What would cause the site to restart ( no files have been uploaded and no person has touched the web.config) and get stopped on CC Check ok?
    May

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Take a look at the application's event viewer also, you'll probably see any traces there why it's acting like that. Do you happen to remember any changes to the server (e.g. updates, etc) prior to experiencing this problem also?

I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary in the event log. This has happened several times, but I just noticed though that the appstart.log is stopping midway. What would cause it to hang up on the credit card portion?
    May

Vegarari is offline Member

We had a similar problem. It started after our host did some work on their SQL servers back in the middle of Aug. The host then recommended we move to another web server, which had no effect. Then they moved us to yet another (new) web server and new SQL server (2008 R2), that didn't help either. At that point we got a website monitoring service so at least we knew when it went down and could restart the application pool, get it going again, try to stay in business. ASPDNSF support had no ideas except to upgrade to 8.0.1.2. We finally were able to get the upgrade done about a week ago = no more crashing. We never did figure out what was causing it. Probably not what you wanted to hear but I don't want you to end up with a wall to fix and a flat forehead like me

Upgrading is not an option.

This happened again last night. What are the reasons that the site would restart? Maybe that could help me troubleshoot this.
    May

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

It's hard to guess, there are a lot of potential reasons (i.e. AppPool recycles, out of memory, etc). As I said, you should check your server logs. There is at least a serious application exception there that could potential cause it to restart.