Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Anonymous converted to Registered?

Kirk48906 is offline Member

Default Anonymous converted to Registered?

I see tons of threads about anonymous vs registered. I'm getting calls from customers that did anonymous checkout and now are wanting to convert to a registered account and place another order.

What needs to be done to convert a them into a registered account? All attempts that I've done have failed and I've just had to nuke the account and get the customer to redo the process and create a registered account.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Have a look at this article here.

Thanks, that was wicked fast response.

No button on the customer management page though? I have to have my users issuing SQL directly against the database? Seems like a bad idea.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Nope, there is no button that would convert them to a registered customer (probably a good feature to add in the future). Your admin users can do that, they will have to go to configurations -> advanced -> run sql, and execute similar query below:

Code:
    UPDATE Customer SET IsRegistered = 1 WHERE Email = 'email of customer you need to update'

Button would be good, but what really needs to be done is a screen on the website for the end user that comes up that says something to the effect, "We see that you've used this email address before, but did not register, in order to continue with this order we need you to register, please take a few moments and provide use with the following and we'll be able to track and process this second order more efficiently...." or something like that. Why not simply get them to register, there coming back again wanting to order.

Or better yet, just let them order again and key all the crap back in. It seems simple enough.

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk48906 View Post
    Button would be good, but what really needs to be done is a screen on the website for the end user that comes up that says something to the effect, "We see that you've used this email address before, but did not register, in order to continue with this order we need you to register, please take a few moments and provide use with the following and we'll be able to track and process this second order more efficiently...." or something like that. Why not simply get them to register, there coming back again wanting to order.

Or better yet, just let them order again and key all the crap back in. It seems simple enough.
    There are app configs that will allow an anonymous customer order again. I don't remember the specific ones but one is allow duplicate email.

Also, the Vortx one page checkout handles this very nicely. A customer starts to checkout they first enter their email. If they are registered they then get password fields. If they checked out before but did not register it just says they could not be found and they then enter all their info again and have the option at the end to create an account.