Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Error loading callback data.

Eitan is offline Junior Member

Default Error loading callback data.

I must be loosing it, I have been running my store for a few years now, and its been working great. We recently went through a restructuring of the company so store went off line by only storing orders and not processing them, Set up the new authorize.net info, and bam on user end if you click on anything to do with products it just keeps u on home page, on admin end you try to expand products to view or edit them and you get "Error loading callback data."

any ideas would be appreciated

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

As far as I can tell, there are two possible scenarios that cause this error to be thrown:
    (a) if you're own v8.x and lower, make sure that the license has been installed properly.
    (b) data problem - e.g. the product names have unrecognized characters, etc on it.

Prior to getting the 'error loading callback data' have you added products/entities/etc into your DB? How did you add them?

Hey, no unusual characters as far as i know, and like i said i have no modified my db at all or added products at all in months... just isnt working, im really baffled, im running version AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2 ... check it out if you think it would help www.riverwonders.com

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Eitan, this problem won't just came up instantly without doing anything prior. Did you transfer the site to a different server as well? I browsed around to your site, it seems like almost all of the pages were not redirecting properly. I tried creating an account, but it didn't get through successfully.

Can you check your server's Application event viewer from the control panel and see if there are any relevant logs there that could give us an idea of what went wrong?

Thanks for the attention and help...

I do do my own server administration, and have for many years... there is only one thing that has changed for my server and the environment, and that is an isapi rewrite intalled in order to allow seo friendly urls on certain open source blogs and cms.... This is the only thing that i can think of, it does seem to connect because it is a redirect sort of issue... i did just remove the iconic rewrite from the isapi rewrites... but still no luck i will mess with it a bit and see, what do you think?

storedeveloper is offline Member

Default Hi

i have same issue in my site. I just upgrade my site to v7 to v8.0.1.2. And when i go to admin and click on on the + sign of categories, i get same error . license has no issue. My product are working fine in v7. when i go from organization --> manage Category -> and click on any category then + is working fine for that category. but click on other category then it again showing the same error -" Error loading callback data ".

Can any one help ?

Also can some one tell me (b) data problem - e.g. the product names have <b>unrecognized characters</b>, etc on it. what are these unrecognized characters. I add a product with all special characters and also not having license file on my computer. but it will not gives any error. why?

Thanks
    Last edited by storedeveloper; 10-07-2010 at 12:29 AM.

im stuck, any ideas would be much appreciated,

storedeveloper is offline Member

Default Hi

Problem solved. Please add attached xmlpackage to web/xmlpackage. Your problem will be soved.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the help, but still no go, i already had that xml package in that dir exact same file size... but i replaced it anyway restarted site just in case, and nothing. same exact error... any other ideas?

again thanks for the help

is this an issue that no one else has seen? i really need to get this back online and have no idea what i can do.

barber is offline Junior Member

Same problem, but the xml work for me. Thank !!!

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Erik is offline Senior Member

Default Possible configuration issue causing menus to not expand in ML8

Check your IIS settings and if you are on IIS7+, then you need to make sure your site is set to use Classic .NET AppPool on framework v2.0 and use managed pipeline set to classic NOT integrated mode. If you have a handler or such needing to be using integrated mode, then it can be set in the web.config using preCondition="integratedMode".
    Erik Sutton
    AspDotNetStorefront Technical Support