Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Full Text Search on Categories

Geoff66 is offline Junior Member

Default Full Text Search on Categories

Does Full text search the description information for a category? Is there somewhere to insert text in a category to help it appear in the storefronts search results other than the category name?
    Last edited by Geoff66; 10-06-2010 at 01:42 PM.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

The default search logic include the following fields when matching the search string even if you're not enabling full-text search:

SKU
    Name
    SKU + SKUSuffix
    Manufacturer Part Number
    Description
    Summary

you can insert a keyword on those fields to help the product/entity appear during search.

Geoff66 is offline Junior Member

Default Search on category

I have tried putting keywords in description and summary of a category and it does not appear in search results. The category does have products in it. If I put the same keyword in a product description or summary it appears in the search result. Am I doing something incorrect? Thanks