Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Coupon Codes in 9.0.1.3 not working

cengen is offline Member

Default Coupon Codes in 9.0.1.3 not working

We get the following message in red text

"YOU HAVE ENTERED AN INVALID COUPON CODE ("coupon code entered by customer here")"

However if you look closely at the page you will see although the shopping cart does subtract either the percentage, or straight dollar value off the amount shown to the right of "subtotal (including discounts)" depending on what you have set up the coupon code to be.

The total amount in the "Shipping and Tax Estimate" is wrong (In this example it should have been 10% off or $2.80 as shown immediately above in the "Subtotal" and "Subtotal (including Discounts)" field. $28.00 - $2.80 IS correctly shown as $25.20, but it is not correct further down in the "Shipping and Tax Estimate" section)

This next example shows a straight $5 off discount coupon, and you can see all in one image the amount is deducted from the subtotal but the invalid coupon error is shown in red text , and the Shipping and Tax Estimate is NOT showing the five dollar discount.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in Advance

- Charlie
    Last edited by cengen; 10-05-2010 at 06:05 PM.

cengen is offline Member

Question Buehler?, Buehler?, Buehler?, Anyone

Anyone seen this issue or have some suggestions as to how to isolate the problems?

Thanks

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Im using 9.0.1.3 and have had no problems with the coupon code.

cengen is offline Member

Default thanks for the feedback

thanks for the feedback ssgumby.

Not sure what I should be looking for, but I am attempting to decipher shoppingcart.aspx.cs.

I have what I thought was a plain vanilla upgrade, but did have resource string issues like several users.

Have a great weekend.

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Just a FYI - you do have a known defect in your add to wishlist functionality. If you click Add to wishlist, then on the shopping cart page click the Continue Shopping button .. you'll get an error.

They have a fix for this if you contact support.

This goes back to it would be nice if EVERYONE knew what all issues and fixes exist.

cengen is offline Member

Thank you so much I will do that as soon as I can.

I asked if I could get on a list to learn the "known bugs" of the new release, but was told that they would not tell you the "known bugs" you have to ask about them as you stumble through trying to use the software. NOT GOOD.

I have high hopes and am very impressed so far with Vortx. I hope they change this policy quickly.

Warm Regards SSGumby

suedeapple is offline Member

Hi

I have the same bug - If you type in an expired code, it still subtracts the value from the shopping cart. When you go to final checkout summary, the total is then correct.

It's definately a bug.

Can we have a fix please.

cengen is offline Member

Default Suedeapplet - not exactly the same issue

Hi Suedeapple,

My issue is not the same as yours. My coupon codes are not expired. So although likely related in terms of logic, the situation is not the same.

Regards and good luck

Ahh... yeah our bugs are different.

I've pin pointed when my bug fires.

I set a coupon to only be used 5 times.

If the customer tries to use it the 6th time, then the error message appears...

"THAT COUPON HAS BEEN USED THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF TIMES (FIVEDOLLARSOFF)"

.. However the subtotaller on the right, shows the discounted price. Which is definately a bug.

The totaller should still remain as is.

cengen is offline Member

Default think the issues for both of us....

reside in ShoppingCart.aspx.cs

if you search for "//Handle the coupon" I think you will see that it appears that there is no validation on whether the coupon is valid, minimum order price for coupon to be valid, and so on...

It just seems a lot of that logic is missing. But I am not a C Sharp guy anyways... (and don't own the source code)

Regards,

- Charlie

Managed to get my problem fixed.

I'm not using all the "update cart" buttons, and some of them do slightly different things.

The button I had on the page was causing the page to do a redirect (to check for minnumquantity). I just commented out the code, and wrote a different security check.

cengen is offline Member

Cool, congrats and thanks for the feedback on your issue. I am talking with the support team. Hopefully I will get this sorted out soon. I have a time sensitive deadline coming up where I need the coupon codes to work.

Regards,

- Charlie

cengen is offline Member

Default Support was able to help me fix the coupon issue

They sent me a new core dll and replacement wishlist.aspx.cs file.

It turns out there is a newer version of my 9.0.1.3 version. Not sure how that happened. I think it might have something to do with the fact as I struggle to remember right now, I upgraded to 9.0.1.2 and then to 9.0.1.3. (or something like that)

It will be great when ADNSF support is able to inform us on mid release version file patches, and known fixes to version releases.