Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: FedEx SmartPost

lellenburg is offline Junior Member

Default FedEx SmartPost

I would like to add the new FedEx SmartPost method as a shipping option to customers. Can this be done through the admin or will this require customization?

osdude is offline Senior Member

it's easy to do, if you make your own shipping methods and map them. I can't remember exactly how I did it, but I won't do it again...

SmartPost SUCKS! I would strongly advise against using FedEx SmartPost.

We tried SmartPost and sent a small sampleof items using this method. >10% of the items were never received by the customer. >70% of packaged took 11 business days or more to arrive. >50% of the people called about "when" their package would arrive.

In time on the phone, packages coming back or just disappearing, SmartPost was the dumbest thing we've ever done. If you really want to risk it, then be sure to tell people "allow 3 weeks for delivery".

Read a few SmartPost reviews. I did, but figured they were the exception and not the rule. I was wrong.