Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Experiencing some V9 bugs

jwallwork is offline Member

Default Experiencing some V9 bugs

thought I'd share some of the bugs we're running into now that we launched a version 9 site.

1. Topic Pages cannot be resolved if the name has a "t-" anywhere in the name, ex "Gift-Bags", get a Resource cannot be found error.

2. When editing a topic in admin, the SEO fields are not saved when Update is clicked.

3. A topic page originally created in v8 with the correct SEO tag information, displays the default values instead.

4. When adding a new appconfig, the entered value is not saved when the appconfig is created.
    Update: Issue appears to only occur on the contact us topic. Adding a new topic, uses the seo values.

Version 9.0.1.3 Visual Basic
    Last edited by jwallwork; 10-07-2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Update.

dayhawk is offline Member

I have the same #2 issue. All the SEO fields in the topics page fail to save. Not sure if there's a fix for this.
    MSx 9.2, SQL Server 2005, Windows 2008 R2 Web 64-Bit

jphelan is offline Junior Member

Default SEO fields on Topics?

Anybody found anything on issue #2, a fix or heard anything from ADNSF? I'm having the same problem.
    Last edited by jphelan; 10-04-2010 at 02:42 PM.

jwallwork is offline Member

For Issue #1, I've been told it's a known issue with the redirector and to modify the names accordingly.
    For issue #2, I've received two patches so far, without success. Last patch saved the SEO keywords field but not the other two fields.

update for Issue #2: I took some debugging time and was able to fix the SEO values issue. I replaced the following lines:
    AppLogic.FormLocaleXml("ltSEDescription").Length<> 0 then … (~ Line 537)
    and
    if AppLogic.FormLocaleXml("ltSETitle").Length <>0 then … (~Line 542)

with
    If SEDescription.Text.Length <> 0 then …
    and
    If ltSETitle.Text.Length <> 0 then …

This appears to have solved the problem
    Last edited by jwallwork; 10-07-2010 at 11:47 AM.

peter3827 is offline Senior Member

I have the fix. PM me and I'll give it to you.

Taros is offline Junior Member

I have a fix for the C# version. Please PM me if you need it.