Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Attempted to read or write protected memory.

nxpage is offline Senior Member

Default Attempted to read or write protected memory.

After years of running without incident this site is now experiencing the following error as indicated in the knowledgebase article:

https://support.aspdotnetstorefront....barticleid=208

The hosting company does not support full-trust in a shared environment (which is how this has been hosted since 2006), so I'm assuming we're running the medium-trust build -- but, I have no idea for how to determine that. How do I know what trust-level the site is running?

PS: This site is currently down and the host indicates it's an ASPDNSF issue (programming) and not a server/environment issue. The site hasn't been touched since 2008.
    Last edited by nxpage; 09-29-2010 at 01:46 PM.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

I have responded to this in the support ticket you've submitted, I'll just repost it here for the community sake.

==================
    Hi Ilona,

That version is officially unsupported for quite sometime now, but will try to work with you to resolve this problem.

Even if you'll use the medium-trust build, the site won't still run as it doesn't support ASP.NET 3.5 framework yet. Because that was released way ahead before Microsoft released .net 3.5. So, you're only option is to (a) upgrade to at least ML 7025 SP1 (which you have access from you account, just login to www.aspdotnetstorefront.com/mylicenses.aspx) page, (b) Have the host roll back the changes on the server (which is impossible), (c) move your site to a server that has not had the patch (asp.net 3.5) applied.

====================