Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Redirect Loop in Categories Page

srijans is offline Junior Member

Default Redirect Loop in Categories Page

Hi,

I get into a Redirect Loop for "ShowCategory.aspx" when i try to click on a Category.

It works fine for some Categories and does not work fine for some Categories. I am not sure why i am getting into this and debugging to see where this redirect command is being sent does not help either.

I see that the datasource has the subcategories to be displayed on the page. But when the page renders, it goes into a Loop calling the same page again and the process starts from the start. This continues till the browser cannot handle any more redirects and the process stops with the Error "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". If i open the same screen in Chrome, it says "This webpage has a redirect loop. The webpage has resulted in too many redirect".

Has anyone got into this situation and know the solution for this ?

Any information on how to understand this issue or fix this would help a lot.

To see this scenario:

http://dev06.softura.com/CMTStoreFront

Click on "Threading" in the left menu and click on any of the sub categories under it, it would give the error.

This error comes up in some other categories too. Some categories work fine and display the sub categories or products.

Thanks
    Sriram.

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

I would try re-generating SE-Names in the maintenance panel. Also, try going into the category, and clicking update once it's open. This sometimes clears things up.

Another option is to reset your cache if you have cache enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by chrismartz View Post
    I would try re-generating SE-Names in the maintenance panel. Also, try going into the category, and clicking update once it's open. This sometimes clears things up.

Another option is to reset your cache if you have cache enabled.
    I am actually importing Categories into the StoreFront using SSIS Package. I am using the same Insert / Update query used by the Entity Admin screen in Storefront. I do not get this issue for all the Categories but only for certain few. If i open up the Category in the admin screen and hit update, it works fine. But I cannot keep doing it every time as we are importing Categories & Products from another system that we maintain and do not enter it directly in the Storefront admin site.

valentim is offline Senior Member

Is the SEName field populated for every single category? We encountered the exact same behavior and blank SEName values was the problem. We'd get an infinite redirect loop and the page would time out.
    Matthew
    Aydus Consulting
    Strategy+Development+Design=The Aydus Difference

Quote Originally Posted by valentim View Post
    Is the SEName field populated for every single category? We encountered the exact same behavior and blank SEName values was the problem. We'd get an infinite redirect loop and the page would time out.
    Yes it was the same field but a different reason .. When we import the Category name the names had spaces or "/" in them which were causing the problem .. i had to replace the empty space or "/" with "-" and then it worked fine ...

Thanks for your help.