Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: 9.1.3 Bugs

jazzloft99 is offline Senior Member

Default 9.1.3 Bugs

I've spend $1000s getting my site upgraded from 8 to 9.1.3 only to find out that there is a bug causing product updates to take 30 seconds to complete. I've been told by support that this is a known issue.

I can't update my site until this bug is fixed so it's $3000-4000 sitting there for nothing at this time. Is there an ETA for the updated version that will fix this issue?

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

I feel your pain. While we thankfully didn't have this problem the fact that known bugs aren't visible anywhere and that patches aren't automatically rolled in to the main downloadable package (or made available via some automatic update) is very concerning to me. It ends up creating a lot more work for us developers and a lot less work for ASPDNSF.

How much time did you spend working on this problem yourself before you found it was a bug in the software and not something you did or something with your setup?
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM

I'm not a developer. I paid my developer almost $5000 for the upgrade (I have a lot of customization) only to find out that it has this (and other) "known" bugs. All have been fixed except this one. I add or update 35-50 products a day so 30 seconds to update (after I hit the button) is tedious to say the least.

They tell me they know about it and it will be fixed but I have not received any kind of ETA to date!

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

I'm sorry to hear that. My suggestions is to open two browser windows and add two products at the same time. When you are waiting for one, move on to the next. That should help things quite a bit.

ASPDNSF was just bought out by some new people and it seems they have a very good grasp of what the product needs and are working at getting things taken care of. However, even bugs that I've personally fixed and reported for v8 code didn't make it in to v9 code (and therefore I had to fix again when I upgraded), so I wouldn't hold your breath. There is a lot to do and this new company has a lot to do to get themselves up to speed on everything. I'm sure they'll get there based on the webinars I've seen.
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM

webopius is offline Senior Member

Hi jazzloft99

Sorry to hear about that issue, it's not something I've seen in the v9 systems we've installed but that may be due to their profile compared to your site. Was it confirmed as a known issue by ASPDNSF support?

From looking at the v9 source code, updating a product doesn't do a great deal of processing so I'm interested why it takes so long. One SQL update is called to update the product itself, then some entity mappings (Category, Manufacturer etc), then the images.

Has your developer done any diagnostics or an execution plan in SQL Server to see where the bottleneck might be? Is it just products updates that are slow, or are other updates also affected?

Sorry for the questions but my gut feeling is that there might be a straightforward fix for this.

Adam

Here's what I got when I submitted a support ticket:

We are aware of some performance issues with editing products on the back end, yes. That will be cleared up in the next release, but there is not a date set for that yet.

They told me it was an issue with any store that had a lot of products. I have about 12,000.

webopius is offline Senior Member

Yes, you are right, I've just tried it on a v9 site with about that many products and it is very slow to update. Now I can replicate the issue, I'll see if I can figure out what the problem is.

I'll post here if I find anything!

Adam

Thanks, Adam. I hope you can. Alan

mmcgeachy is offline Senior Member

What kind of product edit are we talking about? Just a single product or an Import? Single item wise I don't think I have encountered speed issues before.

Import wise when accepting an import I have seen issues before. However that didn't start to show as issue till after I added triggers for a last updated column. So I'm not entirely sure it is the same problem. It sounds similar enough that the change I did may help. The change is a small one and should be easy to undo for any reason. I modified aspdnsf_ClearAllImportFlags procedure to have a filter on its update statements. SQL Code that would be:
    C#/VB.NET Code:
    ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[aspdnsf_ClearAllImportFlags]

as
    BEGIN
        SET NOCOUNT ON 
        update 
    [dbo].productvariant set IsImport=0 where IsImport=1;

update [dbo].product set IsImport=0 where IsImport=1;

update [dbo].manufacturer set IsImport=0 where IsImport=1;

update [dbo].category set IsImport=0 where IsImport=1;

update [dbo].section set IsImport=0 where IsImport=1;

update [dbo].library set IsImport=0 where IsImport=1;

update [dbo].Document set IsImport=0 where IsImport=1;

update [dbo].KitGroup set IsImport=0 where IsImport=1;

update [dbo].KitItem set IsImport=0 where IsImport=1;
    END 
    Hope this helps.

This is just updating a single product in the product manager.

jjdunkel is offline Member

Bottom line is the admin on version 9.0.1.3 is Horrible. It is slow, clunky, and has lots of bugs.

I too am experiencing the same thing you are describing with a large store and trying to update single products being painfully slow.

I'd like to hear from SUPPORT what is being done about this and the time line for getting it fixed.

CHigdon is offline Junior Member

Default Interim Bug List Available

As of today October 25th, an interim bug list is available.

We have compromised on this, because we plan to launch a service pack within a few weeks of today and all of our effort continues to be invested in making that as significant an improvement as we can, while at the same time hurrying it out before the silly season strikes. Still, if you are looking for a record of bugs and/or fixes, then we hope it will at least be a good step forwards.

The bug list is available as a free subscription through AspDotNetStorefront. To get access, add the following product to your cart and checkout free of charge: http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com/p...wn-issues.aspx

After checking out with the free subscription, you can access the bug list here: https://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com/t-knownissues.aspx

virtualtap is offline Senior Member

Default Wishlist bug

I think I found a bug but I would like it to be confirmed.
    I tried this on 2 sites I have installed v9.0.1.3+SP1+ADMIN
    Here are the steps to reproduce.
    1. Add Item to wishlist.
    2. On wishlist page delete the item.
    3. Press Continue Shopping button.
    MSX