Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: ObjectDataSource

suedeapple is offline Member

Default ObjectDataSource

I am using AspDotNetStorefront ML 9.0.1.3/9.0.1.2

I am hitting a problem when adding an objectdatasource control to any page in ADNSF.

I can add the objectdatasource to the page, go through the wizard and select a TypeName and SelectMethod, and assign it to a simple gridview However when I upload the reupload the file I get an Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. .

Funnily if I assign the datasource programmatically, the binding works, with no error.

gridview1.DataSource = ....
    gridview1.DataBind()

Before you mention - I'm definately not running out of memory. I think it maybe something to do with reflection/ the assemblies.

Just seems odd that I cant add a simple objectdatasource control to any page, and that I have to do it via code behind.

suedeapple is offline Member

Finally got this fixed.

Had to put the full assembly name into the Type="" attribute of the objectdatasource