Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: V9 and Mcafee Secure Major issues

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Default V9 and Mcafee Secure Major issues

Anyone out there use V9 and also Mcafee Secure?

My site is consistently brought to a screeching hault everytime Mcafee scans me. I have another site (V8) that has no issues. Both are on the same server. The only way to get my V9 site back is to recycle the app pool.

Mcafee says they only simulate 5 users doing various things on the site.

Anyone?

Vortx - do you know if V9 has been stress tested?

uptime244 is offline Member

I have started (in last month) having issues where their scan creates blank customer accounts during the scan. I am using version 8. Are you getting this also?

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Hi uptime,

I assume by "blank customer records" you mean anonymous accounts. If so, yes I do see a LOT of anonymous accounts being created in both V8 and V9. However, V8 handles the mcafee scans with grace and comes out at the end without a sweat. V9 simply throws its hands up in defeat.

Vortx is going to work with Mcafee to see if they can track down what the cause is.

uptime244 is offline Member

I also get lots of Anon accounts, but I was referring to customer registered accounts under the email "webappscanner@mcafeesecure.com". I am getting two or three of these each day now under version 8.

kpaul is offline Member

Has anyone ever resolved this? We recently upgraded to v9.3 and we also have an issue during McAfee scans. The site doesn’t crash but becomes completely unresponsive for about 5 minutes. We know for a fact that it is happening during the McAfee scan.
    Keith

http://goo.gl/s20Ot

ASPDNSF v9.3/64 Bit
    Windows Web Server 2008 R2
    IIS 7.5