Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Textfile-Import/Upload on Shop

MiBfinity is offline Member

Default Textfile-Import/Upload on Shop

Hi Folks,

Is there any way to upload a Textfile from the eShop frontend? In our old System, we were able to upload an easy txt or csv-File with some SKUs and Amounts that got added to the basket.

Thanks,

With kind regards,
    Michael

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

You would have to custom code it.

Would a quick order form not be better?
    esedirect has posted a load of code on how to make one!

It is a really good bit of code, plus you can easily expand it as needed!
    http://forums.aspdotnetstorefront.co...t=23598&page=2

Personally it sounds better than uploading a file, however this is up to you!
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience

MiBfinity is offline Member

That's a brilliant link you posted. Thank you e-tradecounter. In fact, that would have been my next project.

But I will still need the textfileimport, because the customers have little barcodescanner with wich they can scan SKUs and Amounts. This function would then read the generated textfile and create the basket-items.

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

C# has very good capabilities for reading excel and csv files, you would just have to make a custom page that uses the site skin.

Also there is an upload option in the back office, you would be best looking at that code and working from there.

Personally I don't like users of any kind uploading files, you could create a page like the quick order page that accepts the bar code reader values (unless this is impossible)

You shouldn't have too many problems. I would create a custom aspx page and do all your code in the back using C# or VB for their functionality.

I am trying to find the threads of creating custom pages to get you off on the right foot.

Here is a post by Webopius on creating a custom page in ver 9
    http://forums.aspdotnetstorefront.co...88&postcount=2
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience