Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Internet Explorer Protected Mode cant login

supergriff is offline Senior Member

Default Internet Explorer Protected Mode cant login

I've just had a problem where someone was trying to buy from my website, and kept logging in successfully), only to be redirected and realise she's not logged in, logs in again, etc etc....

I narrowed it down to being due to Internet Explorer's 'protected mode' setting in security - if it's ON, this happens, if it's OFF, this doesn't.

Has anyone else had experience of this?

maxtell is offline Junior Member

Default Similiar issue

Our staff and customers have had a deal with this issue as well when logging in to our wholesale site or logging in to the Admin backend. We have our customers add our site to IE's Trusted Sites list and this typically resolves the issue. Only a problem with IE users.

supergriff is offline Senior Member

Anyone else????

Can someone try setting their IE browser to protected mode = ON and then see if you can register or login to the website.... I can't...I'm concerned that we are losing sales because of this...

jjg544 is offline Junior Member

Default Ie10

Quote Originally Posted by supergriff View Post
    Anyone else????

Can someone try setting their IE browser to protected mode = ON and then see if you can register or login to the website.... I can't...I'm concerned that we are losing sales because of this...
    I just noticed our site doesn't work in IE10 at all on Windows 8 computers. Very strange problem happening on multiple computers and causing a lot of problems with customers. I hope this gets resolved soon.
    Josiah Garber
    Respiratory Equipment and Supplies
    MultiStore 9.1.0.1

azuchetto is offline Junior Member

We just upgraded to 9.2 and have been experiencing the same issues with the login (forms authentication) intermitently not working. For IE 10 there is a known bug in .Net 2.0 and .Net 4.0 and a fix. See this forum post http://forums.aspdotnetstorefront.co...+browser+agent.

We were definitely experiencing that bug in staging and applied the fix and it started working in IE 10. But now we have some users that are experiencing the same problem in IE 8 and 9. We commented out <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" /> in the templates and that seemed to fix it, but a few users have a reported the same problem since. It seems like clearing the browser cache and restarting IE seems to fix it. I just tested with protected mode on and it is working for me, so that doesnt' seem to be the problem.