Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Order Editing in Admin screen

jknauff is offline Member

Default Order Editing in Admin screen

The order entry feature is very limited. we do a lot of phone order entries.
    Of times for volume orders we offer discounted pricing and shipping.
    So would like to have the capability to override pricing on items and change shipping costs (we're using real time shipping to calculate costs). Has anyone designed a customization to accomplish this?

Often times, customers will change a line item in an order e.g. change quantities, delete a line item since it's backordered etc.
    Right now, I go into the database and manually run a sql query to modify subtotal, ordershippingcosts, change line items.

Our system is not complicated, we have simply products - a few with variants. no kits no packs. Anyone designed a customization to edit orders to change pricing, line items, shipping costs? if so, i 'd like to talk to you - so please contact me.

mick is offline Junior Member

We recently moved from another cart that had full control over editing nearly every aspect of an order. They also had a great phone entry page. It was like stepping back in time with this admin interface, but we have kept in perspective why we moved from the other cart - their lack of customization and integrations.

After trying work around after work around, we just gave up and are going with Mailware and their new multi channel manager as our back office to handle phone orders and order processing as well as managing inventory etc... Not cheap and not finished with the integration yet for me to recommend it, but after the pain and suffering of getting Multi Store working we didn't have much faith in the prior ownership to fix the mounting bugs let alone tackle any order processing shortcomings. After listening to Jo at Vortx in her webinar last week, she said that fixing and improving the admin were in the roadmap, but she gave no hint as to when.

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

I would LOVE to hear back from you with your opinion on how good, or bad, mailware is!

mick is offline Junior Member

Will do...