Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Runtime error - systemlog.aspx - reflection permission

TimS is offline Junior Member

Default Runtime error - systemlog.aspx - reflection permission

Hi,

When i attempt to access any of the 'organization' menu options in the merchant dashboard i am redirected to http://.....Admin/InvalidRequest.aspx and the following error is recorded in the dbo.aspdnsf_SysLog table. This is also the case when i attempt to access Configuration -> Maintenance -> View system log.

Our site is hosted with Softsys hosting.

System.Runtime.CompilerServices.StrongBox`1..ctor( System.__Canon) Page URL:/Admin/systemlog.aspx Source:mscorlib Message:Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.ReflectionPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed. Stack Trace: at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecu rityException(Assembly asm, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed) at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecu rityException(Object assemblyOrString, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed) at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckSetH elper(PermissionSet grants, PermissionSet refused, PermissionSet demands, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, Object assemblyOrString, SecurityAction action, Boolean throwException) at System.Security.PermissionSetTriple.CheckSetDemand (PermissionSet demandSet, PermissionSet& alteredDemandset, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh) at System.Security.PermissionListSet.CheckSetDemand(P ermissionSet pset, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh) at System.Security.PermissionListSet.DemandFlagsOrGra ntSet(Int32 flags, PermissionSet grantSet) at System.Threading.CompressedStack.DemandFlagsOrGran tSet(Int32 flags, PermissionSet grantSet) at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Reflectio nTargetDemandHelper(Int32 permission, PermissionSet targetGrant, CompressedStack securityContext) at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Reflectio nTargetDemandHelper(Int32 permission, PermissionSet targetGrant)

Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards,

Tim Schmidt (Mr_T)

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

The "System.Security.Permissions.ReflectionPermiss ion" error is an issue can be caused by your host trust level setting. This specifies the trust level under which the application will run. By default, aspdotnetstorefront applications' runs only on the following level: Full trust and standard Medium trust-level. You have to check this out with your host.

TimS is offline Junior Member

Thanks Alfred. That appeared to be the problem.

Hosting organisation were quick to respond and resolve.
    https://members.softsyshosting.com/k...yarticle&id=51

i should have also mentioned the version i was running:
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront ML 9.0.1.3/9.0.1.2
    Regards,

Tim Schmidt (Mr_T)

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the update, Tim. We're glad that's fixed now.