Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: validation of viewstate MAC failed

toofast is offline Senior Member

Default validation of viewstate MAC failed

once in a blue moon, i will get this error when i log into the admin. doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. and i simply upload the web.config and error goes away. not a big deal, but just letting you know....

Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temp orary ASP.NET Files\root\fb439e0e\efadeba6\App_Web_3nzzoe2d.21.c s Line: 0

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to validate data.]
    System.Web.Configuration.MachineKeySection.GetDeco dedData(Byte[] buf, Byte[] modifier, Int32 start, Int32 length, Int32& dataLength) +289
    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(Str ing inputString) +140

[ViewStateException: Invalid viewstate.
    Client IP: 173.161.236.134
    Port: 50188
    User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 GTB7.1
    ViewState: /wEPDwUKLTgwMjMyNjg2NQ9kFgQCAQ9kFgJmD2QWAmYPFgIeBFR leHQFPVRvbyBGYXN0IEJyYW5kIC0gUHVuaywgUm9ja2FiaWxse SwgJiBUYXR0b28gSW5zcGlyZWQgQ2xvdGhpbmdkAgMPZBYCAgE PZBYSAgMPDxYCHwAFEkxvZ2luIEluZm9ybWF0aW9uOmRkAgUPD xYCHwAFLUVudGVyIHlvdXIgZS1tYWlsIGFkZHJlc3MgYW5kIHB hc3N3b3JkIGJlbG93OmRkAgcPDxYCHwAFFipNeSBlLW1haWwgY WRkcmVzcyBpczpkZAINDw8WAh8ABRAqTXkgcGFzc3dvcmQgaXM 6ZGQCEQ8PFgIeB0VuYWJsZWRoZGQCGQ9kFgJmD2QWAgIBDw8WA h4ISW1hZ2VVcmxlZGQCHQ8PFgIfAAUVRk9SR09UIFlPVVIgUEF TU1dPUkQ/ZGQCHw8PFgIfAAUSVXNlciBWZXJpZmljYXRpb246ZGQCIw8PFg IfAAUWKk15IGUtbWFpbCBhZGRyZXNzIGlzOmRkGAEFHl9fQ29u dHJvbHNSZXF1aXJlUG9zdEJhY2tLZXlfXxYCBQlidG5TdWJtaX QFFWJ0blJlcXVlc3ROZXdQYXNzd29yZLa2DHGF87C+NFHi+416 s8wMzs7Q
    Referer: https://www.toofastclothing.com/fasttimes/signin.aspx
    Path: /fasttimes/signin.aspx]

[HttpException (0x80004005): Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.]
    System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowError(Except ion inner, String persistedState, String errorPageMessage, Boolean macValidationError) +106
    System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowMacValidatio nError(Exception inner, String persistedState) +14
    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(Str ing inputString) +242
    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.System.Web.UI.I StateFormatter.Deserialize(String serializedState) +4
    System.Web.UI.Util.DeserializeWithAssert(IStateFor matter formatter, String serializedState) +37
    System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load() +207
    System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMed ium() +105
    System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState() +43
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6785
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +242
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +80
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(Http Context context) +21
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
    ASP.fasttimes_signin_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpConte xt context) in c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temp orary ASP.NET Files\root\fb439e0e\efadeba6\App_Web_3nzzoe2d.21.c s:0
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.Htt pApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

baba is offline Senior Member

Hi,

DId you find the reason for this error. It occurs once in a while for us in the checkoutreview page and the order is not processed. Any updates would help us.
    Take Care

B-A-B-A

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Have you tried this?

https://support.aspdotnetstorefront....barticleid=183

I use to get that error, I then used the key generator and stuck that value in web.config and I dont think i've had the error since.