Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Remove category menus from checkout pages

hunter0781 is offline Member

Thumbs up Remove category menus from checkout pages

v9013

I'm attempting to remove the expanding cat menus from the checkout pages.

This is what I've done so far:
    1. Copied my master page and named it template2.master
    2. Edited the new master page and removed the section containing the cat menus.
    3. Opened the shoppingcart.aspx and changed the masterpage file call to MasterPageFile="~/App_Templates/Skin_1/template2.master

Unfortunately this doesn't work. Can someone tell me what I'm missing or point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

webopius is offline Senior Member

Hi

We've just implemented an Ajax ASPDotNetStorefront search system like Google's new instant search and have just had to do something just like this with another page.

I can't guarantee this will work but it just might...

Edit shoppingcart.aspx.cs (assuming you are using C#) and add/edit the following method:

protected override string OverrideTemplate()
    {
    return "template2.master";
    }
    Last edited by webopius; 09-09-2010 at 01:32 PM.

hunter0781 is offline Member

Worked for me! Thank you!

snowy is offline Senior Member

Smile

Hi would this also work for the product page?

I really need to create a custom Product page and at the moment the product page template switching doesen't work for the product page and before we go live we have to resolve this issue

Thank you

webopius is offline Senior Member

Yes, I think so... it should work on any .aspx page that is based on the SkinBase class (e.g. showcategory.aspx, showproduct.aspx etc)

Adam

snowy is offline Senior Member

Thank you it look like is working very well , are there any side effect it look to good to be true

Thank you Again