Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Order Editing feature needs updating

toofast is offline Senior Member

Default Order Editing feature needs updating

in my opinion, the order editing feature has huge potential but is very clunky. if adnsf wants to be useful to b2b customers, then they must have a true order EDIT feature which would mean....

1. the original order is EDITED, not void and create new order
    2. the customer isn't AUTO emailed when order is edited. wholesalers edit orders several times before it is final and ready to ship and we'll email the customer the final invoice when we are ready.

i understand the issues with charging people, but maybe this feature could just be for wholesale sites that don't charge customers at time of order (i.e. purchase order only sites).

ChuteDr is offline Junior Member

As a B2B customer in development I want to add emphasis to this thread. Our major customization hurdle is based around generating "Quotes", which seems awfully similar to the carts "Pending Orders" our customers can build and save, share, forward to managers for approval, purchasing etc.. Unfortunately I've been unable to get the edit option to appear with the appConfig set to true. The ability for our sales staff to easily and quickly apply discounts to "Quotes" and to have those discounts be removed if the customer edits a quote is another challenge.

Does anyone have experience developing these features?