Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Problem retrieving images using WSI

glennewing is offline Junior Member

Default Problem retrieving images using WSI

I am testing using a stock ML64 v9.0.1.3 using the stock test data in a local development environment. My initial development of a SOAP client to connect to WSI went well until I attempted to retrieve product info that included images. By tracing I discovered that in AspDotNetStorefrontWSI.GetImageData() the correct image URL is returned by AppLogic.LookupImage but CommonLogic.SafeMapPath just returns that URL rather than converting it to a physical path because the Path.IsPathRooted test at the beginning of SafeMapPath returns true.

The result from WSI: <Error Message="Exception, Message=Could not find a part of the path 'c:\images\Product\icon\4.jpg'." />

The Path.IsPathRooted test use is beyond my understanding if SafeMapPath is intended to return a physical path. (But getting beyond my understanding is a very short journey indeed!)

I have submitted a support ticket but how about some help from some of you other folk who forgot that holiday weekends are for something other than banging out code.

glennewing is offline Junior Member

In order to keep moving ahead while I await official word, I have changed the code in WSI.cs GetImageData

if (ImageUrl.Length != 0) {FN = CommonLogic.SafeMapPath(ImageUrl);}

to:

if (ImageUrl.Length != 0) {FN = CommonLogic.SafeMapPath(ImageUrl);
    if (FN == ImageUrl) {FN = CommonLogic.SafeMapPath("~" + ImageUrl);}}

This works and, for a bandaid, seems safe.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Glenn, I got your ticket in support and responded to it. This solution seems to work fine for me as well when I tested it here. I've logged this into our bug tracking system also to be updated in the build.

Thanks for posting!