Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Webinar: Thursday Sept. 9 - Part 2 of the AspDotNetStorefront Product Roadmap

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Tammy is offline Super Moderator

Default Webinar: Thursday Sept. 9 - Part 2 of the AspDotNetStorefront Product Roadmap

Join Jo Benson on Thursday September 9 at 9:00 am PDT for Part 2 of the Product Roadmap series. We’ve discussed the roadmap for the company, this will be all about the products. Jo will provide some clarity on plans and priorities. She'll discuss the intent for each product and the thinking around the entire product set. Find out what's in store!

Register Now >
    Last edited by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Tammy; 09-03-2010 at 03:45 PM.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Tammy is offline Super Moderator

Default Webinar follow-up: Video and Q&A

Thanks to everyone who joined us this morning. If you missed it or just want to see it again, you can watch the video here.

Also, Jo answered your questions here.

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Hi Jo,

First, I unfortunately was not able to make this webinar; so, I GREATLY appreciate the fact it was recorded and published.

This webinar was very informative and I loved what I heard. Vortx has brought some fantastic ideas and methodologies already and I look forward to continued improvement.

I'd like to address to areas.

1. Live Chat - Let me just offer my insight, I have tried several, used some in production, some demo and here is my take. Of all I tried SightMax is far and beyond all others. I base this view on three areas. 1. Cost, this product is fair and reasonable. 2. Features, this product is packed with functionality and is very easy to use. 3. Support, their support is some of the best ive ever seen. They had me up and running and physically worked with me on an issue on my server. The issue was with an oddity in my setup but they worked around it.

2. Refactoring - you mentioned fixes and refactoring and specifically mentioned the Admin. Is the admin being completely rewritten? In V9 the admin is horrendous from a usability perspective. My customer service people absolutely hate it as compared to V8. The time it takes them to function has increased dramatically. We use the admin heavily from order processing, lots of product updates, lots of inventory management.

Again Jo, thanks for the great information. I get more excited about this product and Vortx with each passing week.

philipb is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ssgumby View Post
    2. Refactoring - you mentioned fixes and refactoring and specifically mentioned the Admin. Is the admin being completely rewritten? In V9 the admin is horrendous from a usability perspective.
    I would like to strongly second this sentiment.

I am on v9 of ADNSF (Aspire? ) with the C# source, and my current (and first major) task is to create a new Order view / edit screen. The current Phone Order screen is not usable for our needs (forcing our Customer Service / Sales force have to operate within the shopping cart to create or edit an order is not a viable process), so I am having to create a new Order Detail screen (thus my posts here and here). I will withhold my detailed feedback on this process (feel free to email / PM me if you would like to discuss the specifics), but it seems like the infrastructure behind the Admin section is very (overly?) complicated & very difficult to understand / modify.

On a different (but related) note, as a part of the re-factoring effort, has any thought been given to moving from custom controls to ASP.NET User Controls (both in the Admin & the shopping cart itself)?

Thanks for your continued attention & efforts!