Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Google Analytics

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

Default Google Analytics

I was trying to get Google Analytics set up on my site and I found the directions Google gives are very different from the one that the ASPDNSF manual gives http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...-tracking.aspx.

Obviously Google is the authority on this, but why are the ASPDNSF directions so different? Is there something I'm unaware of behind the scenes that requires this other stuff from ASPDNSF?
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM

Ben-LynxSI is offline Member

cjbarth:

You could use Google instructions just fine. The storefront simply wraps up the tracking code into a skin token to have little more control over when this tracking code is written to the page and how.

The only time the output doesn't look identical to what google will tell you to paste in your skin is on the orderconfirmation page where the tracking code will be written out differently for conversion tracking if you have this setup up.

Summary: The ASPDNSF way is only necessary for conversion tracking. But I'm sure the tech support team only wants to deal with one setup, and so standardized on this procedure for the documentation.
    Ben Swayne - C#/ASP.net/jQuery/Ajax/SEO
    Lynx System Integrators Ltd.
    Lynx Live Agent - real-time analytics, live chat and sales software for ASPDotNetStorefront
    My Personal Website

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

Thank you for that explaination. It also seems that ASPDNSF is using code that is out of date. Google lists the code that in the manual but says that it should be replaced with the newer code.
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM