Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Importing customer datails into 9.0.1.3

snowy is offline Senior Member

Default Importing customer datails into 9.0.1.3

We are going to upgrade the to 9.0.1.3 from 8.0.1.2.

I would like to import only the customer details and loging passwords etc..

Is it possible? would the customer be able to login into their account with the password they already have?

We are looking to setup the product separatly for the start.

Thank you

valentim is offline Senior Member

How about this approach? Upgrade your database to version 9 using the provided upgrade script. Your customers and passwords will be preserved. Then run delete statements on any tables you want to clear out. e.g. delete all rows in Product, ProductVariant, etc. tables
    Matthew
    Aydus Consulting
    Strategy+Development+Design=The Aydus Difference

snowy is offline Senior Member

Thank you, becouse I am working in the dev enviroment and the live get updated all the time with new customer, can I import customer details separatly from the live site , also the live site still running 8.0.1.2 database can I update the database 9.0.1.3 with back up made on the 8.0.1.2

Thank you

valentim is offline Senior Member

You could do some kind of custom import. However, the way we typically work is we'll take a snapshot of the live database at a point in time. We'll script any subsequent database changes including AppConfig and StringResource changes. Before go-live we'll take a final copy of the live database and apply our script.

It's not clear from your post exactly what you're trying to accomplish but hopefully this helps.
    Matthew
    Aydus Consulting
    Strategy+Development+Design=The Aydus Difference