Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Version 9 Related Products

lpr2009 is offline Junior Member

Default Version 9 Related Products

Hello,

I've been using version 8 for over a year now. I am creating a new store using version 9.0.1.3 code. I am importing products right now using xls sheets and just stopped to look at the site in dev. I notice the "related products" doesn't fuction correctly. It shows your previous product history as you are viewing products not related products.

Has anyone else seem this happen?

My site is still very new, basically the default package. I didn't modify much yet other than sytle.css and template.master.

For reference...I attached a screenshot of related Products and the related products page for that product.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

dayhawk is offline Member

I didn't experience that problem when I upgraded from 8 to 9. Which XML package are you using? Could you attach it?
    MSx 9.2, SQL Server 2005, Windows 2008 R2 Web 64-Bit

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

There are 2 ways to set up related products (a) Pre-Determined Related Products (b) Dynamic Related Products, the one that you're seeing now is (b) which can be turned off by setting appconfig: DynamicRelatedProducts.Enabled to true. More info here.

Yes, this fixed my issue. It was the GetEstimateButton set to true. When I turned it off (False), it resolved my issue.

Thank you.

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Anyone know how to display related products in a dropdown list? Dont really want to re-write the stored procedure unless I have to!