Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: type is null

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

Default type is null

I am able to add to the cart with no problem in FF/Chrome. When I open it in IE and click add, I get a javscript error of 'type' is null or not an object Line: 924 on formvalidate.js. I am using <asp:Panel ID="pnlShoppingCart" runat="server"> instead of the ajax portion. I have useajaxaddtocart set to true/yes because I want the button to add it to the cart but I don't want the drop-down to open up. Any ideas?

ahsrescue is offline Member

Default formValidate.js

Chris,

Did you ever get an answer to this? I had the same problem. It looks like its only on product pages in which I've embedded a Youtube or Vimeo video with the <object> embed. IF I switch to the <iframe> style embed, then it fixes the issue. OR, I could comment out lines 924,935 of formValidate.js.

//if(tempobj.type.toLowerCase()=="submit" || tempobj.type.toLowerCase()=="reset")

// tempobj.disabled=true;

Please let me know if you know any more about this.

Thank you,

Michael Malbone
    Ahsrescue.com