Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Precompile Site Issue

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Default Precompile Site Issue

I've recently purchased the 1 page checkout from Vortx. Installed it and played with it locally and loved it.

I always have my sites precompiled, so I compiled my site locally and moved out the corresponding precompiled files to my staging server.

When I access the site I get

The file '/checkout1.aspx' has not been pre-compiled, and cannot be requested.

It definitely has been precompiled, I see the checkout1.aspx stub in the root and the corresponding .dll and .compile in the bin. I even went ahead and deleted these files on my server and moved the new ones up and still no joy.

I assume .NET is somehow caching .... My staging server is physically on the same box as my live server so im fearful of going into temporary asp.net fies for fear of messing up my live site.

Could there be anything else causing this?

doktorhallam is offline Member

If it is a caching issue, can you stop/restart the staging site in IIS? Or possibly edit the worker process timeout to force the site to regenerate its' cache without directly affecting any live sites?

I actually did both of those. I stopped and recycled the app pool and that didnt work so I set the worker processes to reset and that didnt help.

very puzzled

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Nicole is offline Administrator

Are you still having trouble with this? Last I heard it was resolved, let me know if you still need a hand?

Hi Nicole,

Yes, it was resolved, sorry I never got back to this to update.

The issue was my long working hours and forgetting to move extra assemblies out.