Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: New Gift Card Laws Require 5yr Expiriation: how to change yr in store?

sohopub is offline Junior Member

Default New Gift Card Laws Require 5yr Expiriation: how to change yr in store?

This week the new credit card laws have kicked in (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38756899...-consumer_news) Gift cards cannot expire for at least 5 years.

ASPDNSF seems to be hard coded to automatically set a 1 year expiration date. How do I change that to a 5yr date?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the article.

The giftcardassignment.xml.config xmlpackage is called by the aspdotnetstorefront application to assign E-Mail and Certificate Type Gift Card Numbers, the expiration default date is also generated there. You can change it easily by changing DateAdd(YY,1,getdate()).

e.g.
    Code:
     select newid() as CardNumber, dateadd(yy,5,getdate()) as ExpirationDate
    Last edited by ASPAlfred; 08-25-2010 at 03:04 AM.

Veldruk is offline Junior Member

Default getting the change to take effect

I am having the same problem but when I made that change it didn't affect either old or newly added gift card products purchased by the users. The only thing that changed was the default expiration date if I add it as an admin manually. How can I ensure that all gift cards will be using the default value of +5 years?

C-Clops is offline Member

Default Gift Card Expiration

I have made the change suggested as well as changing the default value in the database and neither one seems to be working.

Any update on this?
    Last edited by C-Clops; 11-11-2010 at 09:07 AM. Reason: forgot to subscribe to responses

C-Clops is offline Member

Default Gift Card Expiration Solution

Along with the modification mentioned in the thread you need to modify stored procedure.

aspdnsf_CreateGiftCard

Change
    IF @ExpirationDate is null
    set @ExpirationDate = dateadd(yy, 1, getdate())

To

IF @ExpirationDate is null
    set @ExpirationDate = dateadd(yy, 1, getdate())

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

That's correct. Thanks, C-clops. I missed that!