Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Preventing new registrations

peterm is offline Junior Member

Default Preventing new registrations

Hello,

We would like to remove the "NEW MEMBERS SIGN UP" from the login screen. Please can anyone advise on the best way to do this.

Thanks

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Go to {root}/controls folder, open signin.ascx file, and comment out these lines:
    Code:
    <asp:Label ID="Label11" runat="server" Text='<%$ Tokens:StringResource,signin.aspx.6 %>'></asp:Label>&nbsp;&nbsp;(<asp:HyperLink ID="SignUpLink" runat="server" Text='<%$ Tokens:StringResource,signin.aspx.7 %>'></asp:HyperLink>)</b></p>

caraj is offline Member

Is there a way in the admin panel to temporarily suspend any new users from registering?
    Thanks

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

There is no way built-in setting that could do that, no. You need to find all createaccount.aspx references and disable them for the time being until you're ready to go live.

donttryathome is offline Senior Member

I'm attempting to do the same thing here, but whenever I remove that line of code, loading signin.aspx returns an error. I haven't made any other changes except removing that line.

Any idea why this would break, even making innocuous changes?
    Last edited by donttryathome; 01-17-2012 at 03:02 PM.
    Running: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2