Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Show Member Pricing to non-members

MikeI is offline Junior Member

Default Show Member Pricing to non-members

Is there any way to show member pricing when a user is not logged in and when a non-member is logged in?
    Our client wants to display member pricing to entice non-members to become members.
    AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

I am confused, sorry. Can you elaborate it a bit? As far as I understand, it's more like you want a pricing for different customer groups? Can it be done using a customer level?

osdude is offline Senior Member

I think I see what you mean.

Joe Customer comes to the site and sees Widget A. Widget A has group pricing.

For group "customers" the price is 9.99
    For group "members" the price is 9.00

As a customer, Joe would see Widget A's price as 9.99 but he would also see the member price of 9.00

Unless Joe becomes a member, he would pay 9.99, even though he would see the 9.00 price.

If the member price is always X% lower than the customer price, you could add something to the product.xml page to show member pricing...

C#/VB.NET Code:
    Member Price: $ <xsl:value-of select="100-((format-number(Price,'##.00'))*0.90)" /> 
    something along that line should work, but if an item goes on sale, the member price would still be an additional 10% off, so be careful