Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Kits Question

TheJax is offline Junior Member

Default Kits Question

Hello,

I need to create a product (the product is a computer class) that permits a customer to choose topics to be covered (examples: security, hardware, network). My thinking is a "kit" is the way to go here. But here is my question/problem:

The customer should only be permitted to select 2 of the 3 topics I listed above. Is there a way to do that?

Thank you.

Ben-LynxSI is offline Member

Default My strategy would be...

This would be my strategy:
    1. Make a kit with two options, lets say "Session 1 Topic" and "Session 2 Topic".
    2. Each option could have all the same options listed: "security", "hardware", "network", etc...
    3. I'd set both kit options to be "single select drop down".
    This way you could even expand the topic list to 4 or 5 items, and it still only allows two selections.

That'd be my strategy based on what you've shared here so far. Please clarify if I'm not quite getting it.
    Ben Swayne - C#/ASP.net/jQuery/Ajax/SEO
    Lynx System Integrators Ltd.
    Lynx Live Agent - real-time analytics, live chat and sales software for ASPDotNetStorefront
    My Personal Website