Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Long delay when updating in Admin

jazzloft99 is offline Senior Member

Default Long delay when updating in Admin

I just went live with 9.1.0.3 from 8.0.1.2. Now, when I update a product, it takes around 30 seconds for the update to save. I have about 14,000 products in my database. Does it re-cache every time I update a single product? Is there any way around this? It would make adding and adjusting products very unproductive. Thanks!

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

We're aware of some performance issues in the admin site in version 9x. The way the customer, product, and entity pages were designed this time around works faster than the old way on small stores, but can be kind of slow on larger ones. We've made some changes to the software that will be included in the next release that should clear this up.

jazzloft99 is offline Senior Member

That's great but in the meantime, is there a workaround because it is 30-45 seconds to make any product changes in extremely unproductive and painful. What's the ETA for the fix?
    Last edited by jazzloft99; 08-19-2010 at 09:01 AM.