Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: queries in xml

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

Default queries in xml

I tried adding the following to one of my product xml files
    Code:
    <query name="Materials" rowElementName="Material">
            <sql>
                <![CDATA[
                    SELECT Name, '/product/' + CAST(ProductID AS Varchar(4)) + '/' + SEName + '.aspx', CASE WHEN SKU IS NULL OR SKU = '' THEN ImageFilenameOverride ELSE SKU END AS [Image] 
                    FROM Product 
                    WHERE (CAST(ExtensionData AS varchar(50))) LIKE '%.' + RIGHT(@ProductID, CHARINDEX('-', REVERSE(@ProductID))-1) + '.%'

]]>
            </sql>

<queryparam paramname="@ProductID"       paramtype="request" requestparamname="ProductID"       sqlDataType="int" defvalue="0"  validationpattern="^\d{1,10}$" />
        </query>
    Then, I called the information from it using
    Code:
    <xsl:template match="Material">
                    <xsl:param name="mName" select="/root/Materials/Material/Name"></xsl:param>
                    <tr>
                        <td width="20%" valign="middle" align="left">{$mName}</td></xsl:if>
                    </tr>

</xsl:template>
    The problem is that the page doesn't load at all when I have this. Did I miss something or do I need to change something?

Orangey is offline Junior Member

That </xsl:if> tag looks a bit out of place in your second section of code although I'd have thought the page would give you an error message to tell you that already.

The page loads fine when I comment out the Materials query.

Code:
    <query name="Materials" rowElementName="Material">
            <sql>
                <![CDATA[
                    SELECT Name, '/product/' + CAST(ProductID AS Varchar(4)) + '/' + SEName + '.aspx', CASE WHEN SKU IS NULL OR SKU = '' THEN ImageFilenameOverride ELSE SKU END AS [Image] 
                    FROM Product 
                    WHERE (CAST(ExtensionData AS varchar(50))) LIKE '%.' + RIGHT(@ProductID, CHARINDEX('-', REVERSE(@ProductID))-1) + '.%'

]]>
            </sql>

<queryparam paramname="@ProductID"       paramtype="request" requestparamname="ProductID"       sqlDataType="int" defvalue="0"  validationpattern="^\d{1,10}$" />
        </query>
    Is there somewhere that I need to define the name "Materials" or "Material"?
    Last edited by chrismartz; 08-17-2010 at 05:43 AM.

The problem was with my query. I have figured this one out