Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: html encoding

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

Default html encoding

I am noticing that when I put information into the dimensions field (i.e. 48X46") that the software is converting the " to the html code ". That it not a problem. The problem I have is that if I go back into that variant, and update the information, the " is saved as " because it's replacing the & with the html code &. Any ideas how to shut off html encoding for this field?

webopius is offline Senior Member

Hi

I've not tried this, but it from looking at the code (admin/entityEditProductVariant.aspx.cs), it looks like ASPDNSF is storing the field normally in the Database, but encoding it when it retrieves from the DB.

So, you enter 48x46"
    It saves as 48x46"

You view the variant, it encodes the result, you see 48x46"
    You view the variant again, you see 48x46"

Try this....

Edit entityEditProductVariant.aspx.cs, look for this line within the LoadContent() method:

txtDimensions.Text = Server.HtmlEncode(DB.RSField(rs, "Dimensions"));

Change it to:

txtDimensions.Text = DB.RSField(rs, "Dimensions");

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

Thanks webopius! That was it! And to think I was in that file just before you suggested it