Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Shipping Rates based on Address Type

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

Default Shipping Rates based on Address Type

Is there any way to limit the results that Fedex comes back with based on the customers shipping Address Type? Right now, both FedEx Home Delivery and FedEx Ground Service are returned and only FedEx Home Delivery should show if the customer is shipping to a residential home.

Has anyone done this?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

That's done already out of the box. The RTShipping request should contain <ResidentialDelivery>1</ResidentialDelivery> if the ship-to address is Residential, otherwise, that node is not present. You can check it by setting appconfig: RTShipping.DumpXmlOnCartPage to true and go to checkoutshipping.aspx page to see the request.

Does FedEx not pay attention to that field? I always get Fedex home and ground returned to me when fedex home is only for residential and ground is for commercial.

TheGlowPro is offline Member

Is there a way to force all adresses to residential? I'm getting hammered on shipping costs by residential customers selecting commercial.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

You can do that with a few simple modifications in createaccount.aspx.cs/vb file. Just have the Residential dropdown box to be defaulted to 1=Residential and hide it on that page.