Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Missing Shipping Methods

davlun is offline Member

Default Missing Shipping Methods

Seems to be the day for shipping things.

We are using: ML 9.0.1.3/9.0.1.2

The cart is serving shipping methods during checkout but when browsing in admin tool to the shipping methods page, it is completely empty.

If I select update, it also returns nothing. I should add, the reason I want to see the methods is so that I can enable free shipping on orders over $500 and believe I need the ship method id to put into app configs.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Davd
    Last edited by davlun; 08-12-2010 at 11:13 PM.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Can you submit a ticket to support for this one? thanks

davlun is offline Member

Thanks. Ticket submitted. Please let me kow if there is anything else I am missing.

David

webopius is offline Senior Member

Davlun

We've done quite a few v9 deployments now and this is the first time I've heard of this issue.

Are you saying that in the admin pages, if you navigate to configuration -> shipping -> shipping methods that no methods are visible?

My gut feeling is that this might have something to do with your site missing some rows in the ShippingMethodStore table (which maps Shipping methods to StoreIDs - even if you are not running MultiStore). Did you originally create your shipping methods using the admin screens or some other way?

Heres what to check...

Can you try running this directly against your database to see if any rows are returned:
    'select * from ShippingMethodStore'

You should see a row with StoreID = 1 for each of your shipping methods.

If no rows are shown, you need to get this table populated - the ASPDNSF admins may know a quick (correct!) way to do this but I would backup my database and then insert some rows for each of my shipping methods.

Perhaps try it with one shipping method and then see if that method appears in the shipping method admin screen??

Let me know how you get on.

Adam
    Webopius