Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Display QTY available at each store location?

donato is offline Senior Member

Default Display QTY available at each store location?

Hi there,

I want to be able to display the qty available at each of our store locations. . . I'm not quite sure how to do this though. I have the code to grab it from our main system, but how would I implement it in the ASPDNSF? If someone would have some code examples, that would be greatly appreciated as well. I know I will need to use a case statement, since our store are by code, which means I will need to translate that into an actual store name.

Thank you in advance. . .

~D

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

What exactly do you need, (a) list of inventory balances per product that you could generate via the admin, (b) or, you want to allow users to see your product's available inventory on the product page?

There's a built-in feature already for (b), you just need to set appconfig: ShowInventoryTable to true, then inventory in stock table will be shown for the Product. See here for more info. Otherwise, give us an idea of what it is exactly you want.

donato is offline Senior Member

Actually, what I need is to just display a store name where that product is displayed. For example, when a customer click on a product, in there, they will see:

View at these locations:

Store 1
    Store 2
    Store 3

We have store Id's that I will need to bring into a field, probably seperated by a comma. I will then need to return that value, reading each id between commas, and using a case statement of some sort, say:

If StoreID = 01 THEN Store 01
    If StoreID = 02 THEN Store 02

Et cetera . . .

Is there a clear cut way of doing this and then manipulating the XML package? I am not all that familiar with XML or the packages, although I have been able to edit them a little bit for a few fields so far.

Thank you in advance for any one that may be able to help.

~D